15 Don’t Miss Experiences
- Become a soldier for a day at Halifax Citadel National Historic Site
- Visit a 200-year-old restored fishing village at Fisherman’s Cove
- Hear captivating sea stories from small to the Titanic at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
- Discover the stories of over 1 million immigrants who landed in Halifax at Pier 21
- Explore the new Halifax Cental Library, named as one of CNN's 10 eye-popping new buildings in 2014.
- Skate or bike The Emera Oval. The long-track speed skating oval on the Halifax Commons is an outdoor activity destination in summer and in winter.
- Stroll through the beautiful Victorian flower gardens and grounds at Halifax Public Gardens
- Take in one of Canada’s best walks along the Halifax Waterfront
- Be inspired by Atlantic Canada’s largest art collection at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia
- Ride the oldest running saltwater ferry service in North America (second oldest in the world) when you take the ferry between Dartmouth and Halifax.
- Experience the craftsmanship of Canada's only mouth-blown, hand-cut crystal maker, NovaScotian Crystal on the Halifax Waterfront.
- Venture to McNabs Island, located at the mouth of the Halifax Harbour, for secluded trails, a beautiful beach, and a historic fort.
- Explore the oldest continuously running farmers' market in North America at the Halifax Seaport Farmers' Market.
- Visit Alderney Landing on the Dartmouth Waterfront and peruse the shops, art gallery, community theatre, and restaurants.
- For the golfer - you have plenty of golfing choices to make while golfing in Halifax Metro.